Techtronic Industries EMEA Limited (“we” or “us” or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, whilst striving to provide you with the very best user experience. We work very hard to keep your information secure and we want our website and our services to be safe and enjoyable for everyone.
We have a legal duty to protect personal information that we collect under the UK's Data Protection Act 2018 (the “DPA”) and the version of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 now adopted into law in the UK, (in this policy referred to as the “GDPR”). For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR, we (Techtronic Industries EMEA Limited) are the data controller – in other words we are the organisation that determines how your personal information is used. Our registered address is 3 Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, England, SL7 1HZ.
Neither this Event Website nor our Event Platform are intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- What personal data do we collect about you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about a person from which that person can be identified or where the data allows an action to be taken in relation to that person, e.g. serving them an ad or offering them a discount. It does not include data that has been anonymised.
The personal data that we collect from or about you includes the following:
- Email address
- Role and the organisation you work for
- Telephone number
- A password and account details (to login to your account to access our Event)
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, device types, operating system
- Information about your visit to our Event Website and use of our Event Platform, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse the Event Website and access our Event Platform
- The interactions you have made during the Event in our Event Platform, including information relating to what videos you have watched, , whether you downloaded content, how many times you watched a particular video, any questions, comments or other contributions you submit to any live streaming content and other information about your interactions.
- Your social media handle/user name details if you engage with us or our Event on social media. If you engage with one of our brands on social media (such as Milwaukee Tools) the brand will be the data controller for the personal data that you provide to or say about them
- Your geographical location (where you have given us permission to do so
- And any other information that you choose to give to us via this Event Website or Event Platform
- How do we collect personal data about you?
We may collect personal data in a variety of ways, but essentially it is when you give it to us, which includes when you:
- Create an account to access our Event
- Access this Event Website
- Access and interact with the functionality of our Event Platform
- Ask us to provide you with services and use our services
- Sign up to our newsletter or to receive marketing communications from us
- Fill in a survey
- Engage with us on social media (for example by mentioning/tagging our Event or by contacting us directly)
- Leave comments on our Event Website or interact with other functionality where you provide us with data on our Event Website
- Where someone else has given it to us
- When we combine personal data about you regarding the Event with personal data that we already process about you
- How do we use your personal data and what are our justifications for doing so?
How and why we use your personal data
What is our legal justification for processing your personal data
To provide you with the information and services that you request from us (i.e. to provide you with access to our Event and respond to any questions and comments that you might have about our Event or our products ).
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data in relation to your attendance at our Event.
Alternatively, in some scenarios, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (for example, it is in our interests to measure delegate satisfaction and troubleshoot customer issues or deal with your specific queries on social media). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
To measure how satisfied our Event delegates are.
We may use your personal data to tell you about relevant products/services and offers ("marketing").
In some cases, we may need to ask for your consent in order to be able to send you direct marketing messages. In some other cases, such as where our relationship with you is in your role as the representative of a business rather than as a consumer, we may rely on our legitimate interests to send you marketing materials.
To find out more about the individuals that access our Event Website and Event Platform as a whole (and not to find out more about you as an individual) to ensure that the products and services that we offer are most likely to interest our distributors and our customers.
We have a legitimate interest to make sure that we are providing you with the information that we think is most relevant to you.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
To monitor the use of our Event Website and ensure that it is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device.
We have a legitimate interest to ensure that our Event Website works properly and that our products and services are high quality and efficient.
[We may record calls you make to us and will use this data for training and quality assurance purposes (where your call is recorded we will tell you in advance).
We use data in this way for a variety of reasons. It may be pursuant to a legal obligation and it is also in our legitimate interests to review call recordings for quality control purposes.
To ensure that the personal and financial information that you provide to us is accurate
In some cases we will use your personal data because it's necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the detection of fraud or ensuring security of the Event Website) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
To detect, investigate, report, and seek to prevent financial crime or other illegal activity
To manage risk for us, our delegates and our customers.
To fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations
For administrative or business purposes, where you contact us for a particular reason other than those set out above, such as to report problems with our Event Website.
We have a legitimate interest to respond to your contact for the purposes of administering our business.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- How do we share your information?
In order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third-party service providers as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these other organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own purposes unless permitted by applicable law.
- To provide our Event Platform:
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose (including marketing).
- Other professional services:
We may need to disclose your personal data to our insurers or our professional advisers such as lawyers and accountants. We work with other carefully selected third parties, such as our customer database hosting provider and advertising partners who assist us in providing you with a positive user experience.
- Sharing data to prevent crime and otherwise comply with laws:
There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data, or we may be required to share your data with organisations such as law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
- International group data processing and group structure:
Our group companies share various operations and business processes. We may share your personal data with any member of our group in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
We may also share your personal data if the structure of our group changes in the future, for example we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or our assets, or we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. During any such process, we may share your data with other parties. We will only do this if they agree to keep your data safe and private.
- Where we transfer and store personal data
We may transfer your personal data outside of the UK and the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We may also need to transfer your personal data outside the UK or EEA where we work with a supplier or third party who processes some of its personal data outside of the EEA.
- Security of your personal information
We have implemented various strategies, tools, controls, processes, policies and measures to keep your data secure and we keep these under close review.
- Retention of personal information
We will keep your personal data for limited periods of time and the applicable retention period will always be linked to our purposes for processing your personal data. This means that the retention periods will vary according to the type of personal information and the purpose for which we use it.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your rights in your personal information
You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- to ask to see what personal data we hold about you and to find out about the way that we process the data (and in some circumstances, you can ask us to provide a copy to a third party);
- to ask us to correct or update any personal data which is inaccurate;
- to ask for personal data to be deleted in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it;
- to ask us to temporarily stop using your data if you don't believe that we have a right to use it, or to stop us from using your personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it; and
- not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of 'automated processing' (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human) in certain circumstances.
You also have the right to complain about our use of your personal data . If you are based within the EEA, you can contact your local Data Protection Supervisory Authority (a list of local Supervisory Authorities can be accessed here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080).
If you are based in the UK you can contact the UK Information Commissioner at telephone number 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/
This policy was last updated on 25 January 2021.